Tuesday, December 20, 2011

CAPPUCINO LOVE

Chapter I

“Okay guys!” the director shouted. “That’s enough for today!” his students gave cheers of delight as their rehearsal for their musical concludes. “Sungmin!” he calls to the lead star. “Manager wants to talk to you.” “Yes” Sungmin replied as the other characters and dancers bowed to him.
Sungmin is the star of the musical. He started his career in the music industry shortly after graduating in high school. He debuted as a singer then as a dancer, after a while, he branched out into acting as well. His latest project, this musical has been garnering positive reviews from the critics.
Sungmin, has a face worth billions of dollars. A heartthrob has a body that makes girls drool and other men envious. Coming from a good family background, he doesn’t need stardom to live. He just loves his craft and likes the attention. But behind the bright lights and full schedules he is a lonely man. He grew up without any brothers and sisters. He had a lot of friends, for publicity purposes. He only has one friend. Siwon, they were friends even before they had learned how to walk. Their grandfathers were war comrades. Sungmin’s father is a lawyer who has Siwon’s father as his partner in one of the most prestigious law firms in Korea, Sungmin and Siwon wants nothing to do with running a law firm are both in the music industry. They have a friendly competition between them. They are both stars, idolized by the younger generation but still remain friends over the years.
“Siwon, manager needs me; you meet me outside, okay? Sungmin told Siwon and the latte bade goodbye. He knocked on the office door and entered.
“Hello hyung!” Sungmin greeted his manager. “Sit down.” the manager replied. “I have heard great reviews about your show and I want to keep it that way. There’s a movie offer for you do you want it? I’m signing you up” Sungmin sat there, thinking he needs a break. He spoke up. “I would like that, but can I take a few weeks off? I just finished an album and a musical I need to rest.” His manager looked at him strangely and asked “why are you asking for a vacation all of a sudden? You’ve never done that.” Sungmin replied quietly “I need it now I saw this place on TV and I want to go.” “Who are you going with?” His manager asked curiously. “I don’t know maybe I’ll go alone.”
Suddenly Siwon entered the room and said “I’ll go with him so don’t worry anything about ok?” The manager thought for a moment and said, “OK. I’ll clear out both your schedules, you have four weeks. Where are you planning to go anyway?” “Philippines.” Sungmin answered “ I saw this place and I foung it nice, there are many Koreans there and we can blend in.”
“Fine as long as you don’t create problems, you can go.”
“YES!”


“One tall latte for Sam!” Suri called out as she tapped the bell on the top of the counter. Suri wiped the sweat out of her forehead and told her waitress. “There are many coffee drinkers today. It’s a good day.”
“Wow. The owner is worried about the sales of her café.” Her cousin Patrick spoke up. “I’m not worrying just glad that we are on the right track.” Suri replied sarcastically. Suri is a twenty three year old coffee shop owner. She is a hardworking girl and focused on her business more than anything else. Orphaned at the age of fifteen, her parents died in a car crash while she was in America studying. When she graduated from Columbia University, she went back to the Philippines to reopen her parent’s café. Being a good businesswoman, she expanded her business rehired their former workers and was hands-on to the business ever since. As a young and beautiful woman, she was a target for bachelors. But she has no time for love. She had built a wall around her that no one was able to penetrate. She put all her energies into her work, which is how she lived her life for years.

No comments: