Tuesday, December 20, 2011

CAPPUCINO LOVE

Chapter II

As the Boeing 757 taxied down the runway, Siwon woke up Sungmin. He stretched on the first class seat of the plane, wearing his trusty hat and sunglasses; he looked like a normal tourist. The lady seated two seats before him was trying to catch his eye, but he ignored it. Siwon nudged him and asked. “Hyung. I was just wondering, why here?” “I just saw this place and I thought I’d check it out.” He answered while checking appearance.
The plane stopped smoothly and they gathered their things, they let the other passengers pass before getting off.
They took a cab to their hotel. Rested and talked about how they will spend their four weeks. They decided to first explore Manila. They went on foot, they had walked for hours, drinking in all the sights and scents of the city.
‘Are you tired? Let’s have a drink first.” Sungmin pointed to a friendly looking café across the street. They entered and took a sit. Outside it had started to rain. “It’s a good thing we came here. Let’s stay here all afternoon. It’s nice and relaxing in here.” Siwon suggested, Sungmin nodded and stood up to order. As he stepped on to the counter, he saw her. She was pouring coffee like a pro. She was wearing a white long sleeved top with the sleeves pulled up to her elbows.
What captivated Sungmin was her eyes, they were as brown as chocolates but still so sad. She looked up to him, smiled and said, “Hi! Can I get you anything?”

Sungmin didn’t know why, but he got tongue tied “I-I-I w-want c-coffee-e-e.” His heart was pounding so hard. He was finding it hard to breath. The girl was looking at him strangely and said uncertainly. “Yes, we do serve coffee but can I ask what kind?” Suri was starting to think that this man in front of her was odd. Sungmin just stood there looking like a complete fool. Siwon saw what happened. He ordered two cappuccinos’ and dragged Sungmin away from her.
Suri saw the tall guy who dragged the crazy one away from her. The guy caught her attention and felt something inside.

Sungmin wanted to see her again; he went back that night and the day after. He just liked looking at that girl. He didn’t know how he was going to get to know her, but he wanted her so much it tortures him that he was so near yet so far. Tomorrow he thought; I’ll introduce myself. So he tried to gather as much courage as he can.

After a couple of days, Siwon went back to the café. He went up to the counter and ordered another cappuccino. “One cappuccino for Siwon.” Wow that was a weird name. She thought. Siwon walked up to her and said, you put something in my coffee two days ago didn’t you?” ”What do you mean? Did it make you sick?” “Yes.” Siwon replied, I started thinking about you.” Suri annoyed retorted, “We only serve coffee here, not girls now if you don’t want to cause a scene. You will take your coffee, drink it as quietly as you can and leave, ok?” Siwon, startled by her response, still managed to keep his cool. “If I drink this quietly will you go out with me?”
“GET OUT!”
Sungmin saw all that happened he confronted Siwon and demanded to know what he was doing. Siwon told him that he wants her and wont stop until he gets what he wants. This confession of Siwon angered him and he punched him. “THIS WAS MY ADVENTURE! YOU JUST TAGGED ALONG AND NOW YOU ARE RUINING MY VACATION!’’ and he storms out. Leaving Siwon wondering what he meant.

After that Siwon came every day at the café. Suri was scared of letting anyone new in her life; she liked Siwon and was touched by his efforts. But she knew that sooner or later Siwon has to leave. Just like everyone in her life. She’s anxious with her feelings if they are real or just an infatuation.

Siwon finally got a date with Suri. After filling the whole café with flowers and insisting on helping out as a waiter there. She was cynical at first about Siwon. But as she saw Siwon’s attempts, it slowly melted her and agreed to have dinner, and that’s where she realized that her feelings were real.

The first time Sungmin met Suri was as Siwon’s girl, he tried to hide the fact that his heart broke. He cursed himself why he had let her go. He knew he loved her but thought of how her life was going to be. He turns away from her every time he sees those brown eyes. Now he saw that the sadness in them was gone. He wished that he would be the one to take away that sadness. He went out and got himself drunk for the first time. And then he found himself standing in front of the café. Suri saw her and helped him get inside. He accidentally revealed his feelings to her; Saying that he’s the one who saw her first. “But I know you are happy with Siwon, so I’m letting you, so just tell him that he must take care of you, or he would have to answer to me.” Suri was stunned to hear that; but told him that Siwon set her free from the hurt of being alone. Hearing that, Sungmin instantly sobered up. He said sorry and she should just forget the things he said. He went back to Korea the next day, earlier than scheduled so Siwon was trying to stop him. “You should stay, keep her happy.” Siwon now felt that Sungmin had feelings for Suri. But, he trusts Sungmin. He knew that he won’t do anything to threaten their friendship.

At a dinner, Siwon was nervous, he needs to go back to Korea soon, he extended his stay here for another two weeks, and now they want him back. He dreaded to tell Suri what he does; at first he told her that he was a car salesman. And now he needs to tell her the truth. “Suri, if I told you something that’s not true. What would you say?”
“What? What is it?”She asked. “I am not a car salesman in Korea. I’m an actor. I’m also known on other parts of Asia. I was glad that you didn’t know who I am; many girls dated me before because of my popularity. But you liked me as I am. I really really like you. I want to continue this. Please come with me back to Korea. ’’
Enraged, Suri stood up. Mad at Siwon for hiding his true identity. Mad at his lies.
‘’yes, I had like you, but not anymore, you are a liar! Why did you have to lie? Do you think I was one of your girls? Well, I’m not. I thought you’re different.” Suri now had tears in her eyes. “You just came in to my café, into my life and I thought that was special.” Siwon “It was!’ It was! I love you!”
She scoffed; “love? Why are you telling me this now? Is this what you use when you break up with your girls? I thought this was real. But this is just a big lie that you made. Are you satisfied? Dating and breaking up girls from every country you visit? You’re right I didn’t really know you. We should stop this right now.”
She stood up and ran out from the restaurant, ran away from Siwon.

No comments: